Friday, August 15, 2008

Fun with Steve's computer

I think this comic pretty much sums up my childhood:


I made this on my roommate Steve's computer. He has a MacBook Pro which I use a lot without his permission. One night Peter Seifert, Jordan Stilley and I were sitting around, and I was thoroughly enjoying the Photo Booth program, giggling like an idiot as I filled up Steve-O's hard drive with photos of my distorted face.

"I REALLY like this computer...I wish it was mine," I say, shaking my head in disbelief at how awesome it is that I can make comic books of myself in like 5 seconds.

Then Jordan gives me this inquisitive look, pauses for a second, then says, "Isn't that pretty much the exact definition of coveting?"

"OOOOOH BURN!" Peter exclaims.

Touche, Jordan Stilley...

We shared a pretty lengthy laugh immediately after that, but I really appreciate that he said something. It wasn't a stern rebuke, but it was accountability nonetheless. So now I will try to do a better job of lovingly correcting my friends, and I hope that you all will do the same for me.

And in the meantime, I will also try not to be jealous of Steve's stuff. Although it's hard when his computer has the power to create something like this:

No comments: