Sunday, August 31, 2008

Intestines

The other day I was sitting in one of my lectures when I heard a strange noise. It was the girl sitting next to me - her stomach was rumbling. And then it hit me. I began to look around the room in a sort of panic at the realization I had just made. I looked at the people around me, and suddenly I was looking into them.

They all have intestines.

I tried to shake the thought and pay attention to the lesson. The teacher was saying something about Gestalt Psychology and visual principles.

That guy has intestines.

At that moment the idea of education, spoken language and humanity itself seemed pretty ridiculous to me. Sure, we have pretty communication methods and clothes and inventions, but there's nothing special about us on the inside.

My dog has intestines.

Fortunately, my existential moment passed quickly and I remembered that I have a soul and a capacity to love. But overall, I usually enjoy it when I have experiences like this.

DISCLAIMER:

I started writing this blog post on August 31, 2008 and just finished it today - February 11, 2009. This is not because I devoted a lot of effort into this - it's because I got bored of blogging and felt like my efforts were pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things.

But yesterday, my friend Jase Rohde came up to me and told me how much he enjoyed my blog, and not only did he enjoy it - but he subscribed to it! This is big news.




Jase, seeing as you may be the only person who is reading this - I dedicate this blog post to you.

I encourage you to read it multiple times throughout the course of the day so that I can accumulate a couple more cents of revenue from my ad on the right side of the page. Since August, I have made $3.72 off of that thing. When it reaches $100.00, I will get a check in the mail!

No comments: